If you are looking for a perfect “functional fitness shoe“, certainly you don’t have plenty of standard choices to pick from. Definitely, these are the best few branded ones – Reebok, Nike or the Inov8. Here, I am to share my experience with Inov8. Of course, Reebok and Nike go pretty good, but when it’s about the one that is lightweight and flexible, Inov8 F Lite 250 has no competition.
It gives you a feeling as if you are minimally barefooted, so you can experience the ground and estimate if you are walking through the green patches of grass or over the rocky surfaces.
I have had an experience with the old 195s, which has now come up with a hell lot of improvements in the new 250 model. Definitely, it has got quite a handful of changes over the years, but it still bears its old heritage of being functional and lightweight. The revised edition is really awesome, and it has got all the necessary specs that a cross-fitter would look forward to! It is sure to give an extremely exceptional feel to every first-time wearer such as me. With its amazing fit and eye-catching color combinations, it is sure to lure any buyer!
Inov8 F Lite 250 Specifications:
Table of Contents
- Weight: 9oz
- Drop: 8mm
- Color: The classic Black and White
- Synthetic, imported and rubber sole.
- High-Performance Men’s Cross-Training Shoe
- A breathable mesh lining
- Reinforced Power Heel which is made 40% denser than that of the forefoot (a thicker, but more dense outsole), meant for weightlifting stability
- 360 Rope-Tec traction for super grip and burn protection on ropes (increased rope protection)
- Toe Bumper for protection from burpee fatigue
- Response time: The weight and the outsole density ensure that the shoe reacts comparatively quite faster with your movements.
- Durability: This shoe is strong and durable enough to handle all sorts of abuses, be it in the gum, on the rocks or on the tracks.
- Precision: Different styles of fit; precision (narrow) and standard (wider) fits
- Agility: Meta-Flex™ technology that allows natural, unrestricted & multi-directional movements.
- Explosive speed: The Midfoot lockdown holds the foot of the wearer thereby securing it to the sole and ensuring that you are able to move faster with each and every single step.
- Style: A raised heel (a 17mm/.65″ heel); definitely, it makes the model even more stylish.
- Flexibility: Inov8 F Lite 250 is purposefully made for agile tasks.
- Metaflex grooves and their facia band: The former enhances the toe splay for running while the latter helps in providing a stable energy through the midfoot while the wearer has been running.
- It is not so great in wet conditions.
- Many complain about the weight since it is a little heavy.
- Too many color options not available.
Sole and Upper:
The sole of the shoe is constructed with “functionality at its best” in mind. The shoe comes with a flat traction. It is reinforced with an arch segment of the sole that is meant for rope climbing and similar other tasks. Although the sole is a little firm, but I still don’t think that you will experience any sort of trouble while walking or running or performing in the gym, like doing a squat or a deadlift.
The upper of the shoe is made up of seamless material. Thus, it won’t cause any kind of trouble to you even if you have passed through 100 workouts.
Comfort and fit:
You do not require to go either a half size up or down since the exact one would absolutely be the right fit for you. So, choosing the normal size would be the best pick for you. Even if the laces are held tightly and fix your foot firmly, you still do not need to worry about rooms to let your toe reside. They are absolutely comfortable to wear on for a long span of time, and no matter how hard you try them out, they are strong enough to bear the wear and tear that you may do in the gym or for the purpose of weightlifting (particularly, the firm sole). The versatility of the shoe makes it a perfect pick for the CrossFit and gym purpose (particularly the durable construction).
As earlier stated that these shoes are meant with the sole purpose of training or gymnastics, Inov8 F Lite 250 truly does its job admirably. You won’t experience any trouble with this paid of the shoe, no matter how long you workout in the gymnasium. Be it running, jumping or weightlifting; this shoe stands up in its duty flawlessly. They are good enough at gripping, so you don’t have any chance of slipping down until and unless you are faulty or careless on your part. Also, they are ideal for CF workout, shuttle runs, exercises and similar other jobs.
The Bottom Line:
There are no stunning color options, and that makes this shoe a little off-beat in the market. Another significant thing is that Inov8 has still not sponsored any big athletes and that is what makes this brand not much noticeable till date. However, that does not bring it to the reason of not having been tried it out once and regret about it later on! You shall definitely fall in love with the Inov8 F Lite 250, mostly if you have constantly been switching between choosing a fitness shoe at a time and then changing your mind again to select the trainers.
Inov8 F Lite 250 has been reviewed by several customers over time, and after researching about the testimonial well, I did find out that this shoe is eligible to fit itself as one of the best models for weightlifting and exercises in the gym as well as running, though not very long distance. The classic color combo and the simple yet elegant design of this pair make it appear finer than ever! The flexibility and the stability that it provides are sure to make it as an ideal choice for any second-guessing buyer. However, for the first time buyers, it would surely be a good try!