Running shoes and walking shoes are two different kinds of footwear that look almost similar when you give them a quick look.
However, the two categories of shoes are manufactured with different design considerations that make them suitable for specific functions.
Can You Wear Running Shoes Everyday? Although the answer to this question has been a topic of discussion for a long time, most but not all running shoes can be worn as walking shoes.
In contrast, some shoe analysts still argue that each shoe should be used for the purpose that it was designed for.
The article will take you through a journey that will help you settle this dilemma. Read on.
Why You Can Wear Running Shoes Everyday
1. Running Shoes Have Better Cushioning- Running shoes are tailored to absorb a lot of shocks that result from heavy feet landings. As a result, the shoes are manufactured with excellent shock absorbers that make your running as comfortable as possible. Maximum cushioning is an attribute that will be of great advantage to you as you walk.
2. Running Shoes Are More Flexible- Running shoes are designed with soles and materials that can flex easily. The more flexible a shoe is, the more comfortable your walk will be. Consequently, using running shoes as walking shoes means that you will not experience fatigue quickly, owing to their great flexibilities.
3. Running Shoes Exhibit More Breathability- Your feet sweat more while you are running. For this reason, running shoes are manufactured with several breather pores that are meant to keep your feet fresh and aerated. Similarly, the shoes would serve the same purpose to keep your feet fresh when you walk in them every day.
4. Running Shoes Have More Torsion Strength- Torsion strength is the measure of the resistance of a shoe to twisting when subjected to opposing forces acting across it. Running shoes are designed with sturdy materials that offer maximum resistance to twisting forces. As a result, your knees and leg joints will be protected from injuries. Such features are equally beneficial when you enjoy them while walking in running shoes.
5. Running Shoes Can Take Up Harder Impacts- The sole purpose of shoes is to offer maximum feet protection during activities/exercises. Shoe analysts have unveiled that running shoes can take up to approximately three times your overall body weight without any undue damage.
In contrast, walking shoes can take about one and a half of your body weight comfortably. Therefore, walking in running shoes is far much safer because the shoes will offer added protection to your feet in case of hard impacts.
Why You Should Not Wear Running Shoes Everyday
1. Routine Formation- Your brain is specially designed to associate activities with the type of shoes that you wear. Consequently, you might find yourself feeling uncomfortable while walking in running shoes.
2. Saving Money- Undoubtedly, running shoes are more expensive than walking shoes because of the additional design considerations. In consequence, some people argue that walking in running shoes will cause them to wear out quickly without serving their intended purpose.
As has been mentioned above, it is apparent that the advantages of wearing running shoes as walking shoes far outweigh the disadvantages. Under this circumstance, the answer to the “Can You Wear Running Shoes Everyday?” query is a YES.
Even more, it is critical to know that most of the benefits that are associated with wearing running shoes are essential while walking in the shoes too.