Suede shoes are the one which made out of leather with a napped finish. It’s the leather used for jackets, shirts, furniture and other items. Those are mainly for the people who love fashion, and it is available for men, women, and children.
It would be difficult in the case of the children to keep their shoes clean, and sometimes we may also want to keep our shoes tidy. Let’s check How To Clean Suede Shoes and find some easy way.
Hence, we need a transparent procedure to clean suede shoes. While dealing with leather, we should be pretty careful as it is sensitive to handle and of a high cost.
How To Clean Suede Shoes | Using The Best Home Remedies
Can suede be worn in the rain – a common question asked by suede users. Our suggestion is –avoid suede shoes in the rainy season so that it does not get damaged due to mud, grass, and stains. If in case your shoes do go wet, let them air dry, and after they get dried use a brush to clean them. You can also use a special spray to remove stains and dirt from suede shoes that are available in the market.
There is a chance of scratches, stains on the shoes other than mud which harm the beauty of our favorite shoe. By using some of the home remedies, we can find an answer to all types of stains. Cleaning can be made easy with these products, and it also saves our time and money.
Cleaning Suede Shoes With Household Products
- It is so familiar to get muddy shoes on a rainy evening, and if that is the case, you should need a soft-bristled brush to clean up your shoes. Do not try to clean them up when they are wet that will make the mud go in and make shoes look even worse. Allow them to dry and gently move the brush to remove the mud particles from your shoe.
- As time passes no matter how much care you take for your shoes, there appear some scratches on them. It makes your shoe look older. Rubbing an eraser on the scratch will remove them immediately.
- Stains are another cause of degrading the beauty of your shoes. Different methods are to be used for different stains respectively. If it’s a drink stain you need just a paper towel and white vinegar. You need to dip the paper towel into a bowl full of vinegar and kindly rub on the stain, and it disappears soon. But, if the stain is too deep put two paper towels upon one another against the stain. Let the stain get soaked and it vanishes within no time.
What the stain occurred is due to ink, you need to put a damp cloth on it and after that allow it to dry.
These are some remedies that you can go through with the things available in your home.
Cleaning Suede Shoes Using Vinegar
The white vinegar will give a useful result when compared to any other vinegar. You need to dip a cloth in the vinegar and clean the stained part. As soon as you can observe the stain disappearing from its place. The vinegar cleans any stain even though a food stain.
How To Clean Suede Shoes Without A Suede Brush
To clean suede shoes, suede brushes are specially introduced into the market. They help in removing dirt efficiently from your loving shoes. If you are unaware of this brush or puzzling yourself to how to clean up the dirt off from your shoes, here is the solution.
You can use a toothbrush to cleanse your shoes in the place of a suede brush. It takes an amount of time, but it gives an equal result to the suede brush.
How To Clean Suede Shoes Used DIY
There are some DIY which works in the case of cleaning suede shoes-
- You can cleanse your shoe using alcohol for any stain. This simple DIY helps you to save your shoes from ruining. All you have to do is to take some amount of isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle, spray it in the affected area, and then with a sponge rub it in a circular motion. Later on, use a toothbrush to cleanse that area thoroughly.
- Take a brush and adequately apply the water all along the outside of the shoe. Water helps to retain stains. Use a dry cloth to soak up the excess water. Put dry paper in your shoes especially when you use a vast amount of water. It helps to remove excess water from inside and to protect the shape of the shoe.
How To Clean Suede Shoes With Water
It is a different procedure compared to the above all. At first, you need to remove the oil stains or any unknown stains using a nail brush. This step would help you to minimize the thickness of the stain. Then after a dip, the nail brushes into the hot water and uses it for eradicating the stain. This method will not affect a grease stain.
How To Clean Suede Shoes Using Baking Soda
Water cleansing may not help in the case of grease stains, and baking soda is a solution to remove tough grease stains. It can absorb grease, oil, and even odor from your shoes. You need to sprinkle baking soda upon the stain and let it sit on the stain for 15 minutes.
Then after you can brush it off using a suede brush or even an ordinary toothbrush. This saves your favorite shoes from greasy stains fishy odors.
You can prevent your shoe from stains if you spray a water or stain protector on them before you use. If the fading color worries you, they can quickly regain using the suede shoe dye which is available in the market.
I think anyone gets the answer How To Clean Suede Shoes. If you are not good at managing the above remedies, it is better for you to visit a professional cleaner to make your work done. An improper cleaning method may increase the level of damage, and it is always good to have it under the supervision of a professional.